httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Lemaster <rklemas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposed: PKI Authentication for secure web access
Date Sun, 21 Nov 2010 08:11:46 GMT
This is good info. Thanks for your responses. So I guess the problem
isn't that the functionality isn't available, but that it's hard to
get end users to adopt it. This makes me sad. When I become Emperor, I
will require all secure web sites to implement this functionality and
the world will be a better place.

-rob

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 8:59 PM, Sander Temme <sctemme@apache.org> wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2010, at 12:39 PM, Rob Lemaster wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the link Issac. If this is already in Apache, why isn't
>> everyone using it?
>
> Because key management is just too freaking hard, and too much of a management and support
burden.

> For God's sake, if we can't even get the Apache developer community to use PGP without
handholding, how would you expect the general public to handle this tech?