httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Proxy regressions
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 23:57:37 GMT
On 03 Nov 2010, at 10:28 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> Strange, I have these problems only with prefork, not with event.
> But with event I get a segfault in the reslist cleanup code.
>
> Can somebody cross-check this?

This smelled like a pool lifetime issue, and looking closer it looked
like we were cleaning up a brigade after we had returned the backend
to the pool. The attached patch stops the crash, and it seems to run
at a sensible speed again (I suspect the late cleanup of the brigade
was sending the code into a spin). Can you give it a try?

One proxy test still fails though:

t/modules/proxy.............ok 7/15# Failed test 10 in t/modules/
proxy.t at line 34
t/modules/proxy.............FAILED test 10
	Failed 1/15 tests, 93.33% okay

This fails because the first bucket of the response has been corrupted:

graham-leggetts-macbook-pro-3:httpd-test minfrin$ curl http://localhost:8536/reverse/modules/cgi/nph-102.pl
sl/2.3.9-dev OpenS

I've seen this a few weeks ago and it went away, so I suspect this
isn't proxy that's doing it. Need to dig further.

Regards,
Graham