httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proxy regressions
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:43:11 GMT

On 11/10/2010 10:31 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2010, at 9:25 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:
>
>> On 10 Nov 2010, at 4:13 PM, Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group wrote:
>>
>>> The core input filter in ap_core_input_filter which is used to read
>>> the response from the backend creates the socket bucket from the conn rec
>>> bucket allocator. So the used bucket allocator must live as long
>>> as the conn rec of the backend connection lives.
>>> And the conn rec of the backend connection lives longer then one request
>>> and possibly longer than the frontend connection if the backend has keepalive
>>> enabled, in fact it is reused by the next frontend request that leases the
>>> backend connection from the backend connection pool.
>> In that case, the way to fix this would be to insert the frontend conn_rec's allocator
into the backend conn_rec when we take it out of the pool, and then remove this allocator
again when we're finished and place the connection back into the pool.

>> This way, all our buckets would live as long as the frontend allocator, and we would
be free to return the backend conn_rec back to the pool at any time.

> +1... Seems the only way to address this.

As long as underlying connection filters like mod_ssl do not buffer any buckets that need
to used
later once we get the connection back from the pool. I know I play devils advocate here :-).

Regards

Rüdiger