httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: httpd-2.3.9-alpha test tarballs
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 20:47:05 GMT
On Tuesday 23 November 2010, Gregg L. Smith wrote:
> [...]

Based on pure guesswork, I have produced the attached diff.

> Libhttpd - Cannot find util_expr.c
>
> No problem, but then there is util_expr_scan.c, which must be
> Flexed with what looks like Flex 2.5.35. It is unfortunate that
> the GNUWin32 version of Flex is still back at 2.5.4a.
>
> C:\buildprep\httpd-2.3.8>flex -Putil_expr_yy -s -B
> .\server\util_expr_scan.l ".\server\util_expr_scan.l", line 32:
> unrecognized %option: reentrant ".\server\util_expr_scan.l", line
> 33: unrecognized %option: bison-bridge
>
> The alternative is a MinGW or Cygwin version, which will require
> Cygwin at the least.

The generated .c and .h files are also provided in the tarball. There
should be not need to regenerate them unless you want to change the .y
or .l file.

> If we now have this requirement, might as well scrap Visual Studio
> and go with MinGW/GCC.

IMHO it is completely acceptable if the the generated files can only
be re-generated on unix, as long as the result can be compiled under
Windows.