httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Feedback for new ap_expr wanted
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:26:15 GMT
Hi,

I have put the current state of my work on ap_expr here and would
welcome feedback:

http://people.apache.org/~sf/ap_expr_ng_v0/

There are definitely some things left to do, like implementing regexp
backreferences and splitting util_expr_eval.c into several files. But
I think the current state may be already good enough for trunk.

I would especially welcome comments about the public interface. I have
put the public header in non-diff form at:

http://people.apache.org/~sf/ap_expr_ng_v0/ap_expr.h

Some notes:
- I am using structs for parameter passing in many places so that we
can add more parameters later with only a minor MMN bump

- I considered using providers to allow modules to add  variables and
functions. But the provider interface is not well suited for the case
where there are really a lot of names (mod_ssl provides around 90
variables) and the names should be matched case-insensitively.
Therfore I am now using a hook based interface.

Cheers,
Stefan