httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: ap_expr problems
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 22:39:56 GMT
On Thursday 04 November 2010, Dan Poirier wrote:
> Before we invent yet another expression language, should we
> consider using something that already exists?  E.g. lua?

Do you want to make lua a requirement for httpd core? Is lua available
for all plattforms that httpd runs on? Is lua fast enough for being
used in e.g. mod_filter and mod_headers?

We already have two expression languages in httpd (three if you count
RewriteCond). One is in mod_ssl and one in mod_include. We can drop
neither for backward compatibility. I think that mod_ssl's parser is
much better suited as a general purpose tool than mod_include's
parser.