httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1035605 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_http.c
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 13:19:53 GMT

----- "Rüdiger \"Plüm, VF-Group\"" <ruediger.pluem@vodafone.com> wrote:

> [...]

I believe to have, for the first time in months, understood what it
is with mod_proxy, and why it's so heavily discussed:

There are a number separate and related issues, because mod_proxy:

* handles connections to the front end
  (To large numbers of differently behaving clients)
* handles (highly configurable) connections to the back-end
* can speak very different protocols to the back-ends
  (In terms of timeouts, keep-alives, etc..)
* can be a transparent proxy as well as a reverse proxy

* The code might, or might not be heavily interwoven.

is that remotely right?

> Regards
>
> Rüdiger

Igor Galić