httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregg L. Smith" <li...@glewis.com>
Subject RE: Cannot build httpd on Win 7 + VS2010
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 20:41:44 GMT
Hello Gabriel,

I've run into this on xp, vista & 2008. Somehow source folders get put in read only mode.
Make them writable again and it will build. On Win7 if that means putting it in Documents,
so be it.

As far as errors in IDE, you sure they are not warnings? 2 warnings per project is what I
see on 2010. I do not like 2010 so I haven't compiled Apache with since I gave it a try after
it's release.

Gregg

Hi,

Can you make Apache build on Windonws 7 and Visual Studio 2010?
Neither the nmake nor the IDE builds work:

NMAKE:
nmake -f Makefile.win installd

Error:
aprutil.mak(1459) : fatal error U1054: cannot create inline file 'tempfile.bat'

IDE:
building project InstallBin
=> thousands of errors

Are these build scripts/project maintained?

Thanks!

--
MSc Gabriel Petrovay
Mobile: +41(0)787978034