httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: doc or fix ForceType for not-default-handler?
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 16:18:18 GMT
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2010, at 7:14 AM, Eric Covener wrote:
>
>> Currently ForceType is only really effective for static files, since
>> it works in a fixup hook and most other generators/handler will
>> clobber the value in the actual handler by calling ap_set_content_type
>> themselves.
>
> Yikes, that's a bug.  Can we fix it easily?

I was originally thinking someone could call it in the first pass of
an output filter, but that might confuse
mod_filter/AddOutputFilterByType?

The opposite would be that ForceType "locks in" the content_type early
and starts no-oping future calls to ap_set_content_type -- it is a
strongly named directive already though.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com