httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Retire 2.0.x branch?
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:38:14 GMT
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:54 AM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> With a release on the way with a host of good bits, almost 2 years after its
> previous release, it seems time that the group might consider the following
> options...

I vote for the most liberal choice taken by anyone, which potentially is

[+1] Leave 2.0.x open to maintenance

Not that I have any interest in general maintenance for 2.0.x, but I
defer to a potential subset of us with appropriate karma to backport
and release as they so desire, subject to the rules for such
activities.

What do users need to hear?  We already call it legacy, we already
forgo timely releases for security issues, we backport only a tiny
minority of bug fixes, and so on.  I guess one thing missing is that
index.html should have an accurate statement if there are known
security issues which have not been addressed, and/or patches need to
be applied.