httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1000814 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES server/mpm/event/event.c
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:22:23 GMT
On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 7:25 AM,  <> wrote:
> Author: trawick
> Date: Fri Sep 24 11:25:25 2010
> New Revision: 1000814
> Log:
> Fix crash accessing pollset on worker thread when child process is exiting.
> The timeout mutex and pollset were allocated from the listener thread
> pool.  During child process shutdown, the listener thread exits first
> while any outstanding requests finish.  These objects need to be allocated
> from pchild since the lifetime extends until the last worker thread has
> finished.
> Switch to pchild, and move init of these objects to the same place as
> other thread-independent objects.

Someone mentioned using 2.2 event in production on the list,today or
yesterday, so I peeked at 2.2 and this bug appears to affect it.  Any
interest out there in seeing what it takes to backport?  (away from
working env until tonight; dunno when wrowe is going to T&R; dunno if
anyone cares)

View raw message