httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Petrovay <gabipetro...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Clean shutdown on Windows
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:17:52 GMT
Hi,

I am using:
Server version: Apache/2.2.16 (Win32)
Server built:   Jul 30 2010 16:15:37

and also:
mod_fcgid (2.3.5)

I start Apache form console:
httpd.exe -f my_httpd_conf_file.conf

fcgid starts as expectedly my_fcgi.exe (written in C++) which performs
the logic of my requests. For this I use the following .htaccess line:
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /fcgi-bin/sausa_fcgi.exe [QSA,L]

The problem is that at shutdown, some more steps have to be performed
by and my_fcgi.exe. When I press Ctrl-C in cmd where Apache was
started, Apache gets it and simply kills my my_fcgi.exe that was
started. my_fcgi.exe also catches CTRL-C but at a random time during
it's shutdown logic, it's killed by Apache.

Is there a way to shutdown Apache properly in order to have a clean
shutdown or an uninitialize of the underlying processes?
Or, is there un-initialize handlers that modules like mod_fcgid have
such that I can properly showdown my-fcgi.exe?

Apache has to wait somehow until the Apache modules (mod_fcgi in this
case) are un-initialized. Probably I don't implement something in the
un-initialize process. Any hint are very appreciated.

Thanks!

PS: I was instructed to post this message here after I posted it to
the users mailing list.

--
MSc Gabriel Petrovay
Mobile: +41(0)787978034