httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_fcgid does not appear to bound max processes
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:53:10 GMT
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Anders Kaseorg <andersk@mit.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2010, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>> I now have a test module that can duplicate server_rec; I duplicated
>> your crash with trunk (well, as far as I can tell from your truncated
>> backtrace) and confirmed that it works with the latest updates, which
>> I've committed in r1028683.
>
> I’m not sure it’s sufficient just to store server->module_config instead
> of server in fcgid_command.  mod_vhost_ldap also duplicates the
> module_config vector out of the request pool, in order to be able to
> update core_module’s module_config without mutating it in place.
>
> Storing vhost_id directly in fcgid_command would probably work.

yes, I believe so; I'm not sure why I didn't do that already :)

(and the module_config duplication is another tweak to make to my fake
mass vhost code)

 Though I
> suspect it would be more robust to directly compare the fcgid_cmd_options
> structures, thereby avoiding the need to track VirtualHost identities
> altogether.

while I'm concerned about the amount of storage to compare (possibly
mitigated with a hash if it is really that bad), this is probably the
right long-term solution after some restructures of the various
settings; then the people who want to share across vhosts can do so
provided that they don't have any settings which differ

thanks!