httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Removing Limit and LimitExcept
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:16:25 GMT
On 10/21/2010 10:21 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> All this debate makes me wonder how many people here still
> *run* and *administer* web sites... How about putting yourself
> in the shoes of the sys admin before willy-nilly recrafting
> configs.

I have, and was bit by the nonsensical behavior of Limit (attempting
to SetHandler only on specific methods), which is why I crusade to
eliminate it in its current form, entirely.

<Limit PUT>
    SetHandler put-handler
</Limit>

Funny thing, everything goes to put-handler.  The error logs at
loglevel debug have nothing to say about my "stupidity" as an
administrator.  Now how is that not totally broken and bogus?