httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1023227 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES server/core.c
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 17:56:50 GMT
On 10/19/2010 12:47 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 October 2010, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>> On 10/19/2010 12:34 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
>>> It was my understanding that we remove Limit/LimitExcept after
>>> the first beta and I was hoping to provoke some comments from
>>> testers. Did I misunderstand the last discussion about this?
>>
>> If it will be gone, let's get rid of it now.  Now that you have the
>> allowmethod module added, it seems we have sufficient control paths
>> that will allow users to constrain the accepted methods, right?
>>
>> <Method > may still prove useful, but the old <Limit > was so
>> constrained that I think we have that old functionality covered,
>> now.
>
> Fine with me. I have reverted r1023227.

Did the removelimit sandbox look good to you, or did we have any further
changes before we drop that feature?

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/sandbox/replacelimit/

Comments sought - if we don't have any objections or changes to this fork,
I know of at least three committers who believe its time already, at least
with the addition o the allowmethod module, eval conditionals and lua.