httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Planning some tags, and more tags
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:32:35 GMT
> ... and tagged 0.9.  Note 0.9 -util tag already failed on Darwin and we are
> holding 2.0 tag for a bundled expat for -util fix.  There are four backport
> bullets in 2.0 STATUS with two signoffs already, if anyone has eyeballs to
> invest between now and when -util has been retagged.  I'd hope this is the
> final 2.0 tag, so if any attract your attention as 'really should fix', this
> would be the day.
>
> I presume the bundled expat flaw did not apply to 2.2.  Jeff was going to look
> at the last 2.2 patch per Joe's comments.  Not sure if his travels interfere
> with this, so if he's unable I'm game to apply this with the additional footnotes
> before tagging.

The build system is substantially different in 1.3.x. So neither is
there the big difference in linker flags used for Darwin, AIX etc. and
other *nix platforms, nor the different code path between implicit
bundled and explicit builtin. In short: 1.3.10 looks good.

I also retested 1.3.10 using implicit bundled expat, which was fine on
Solaris. Couldn't do testing on Darwin or AIX though.

Regards,

Rainer