httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Adding the same filter multiple times
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 22:40:36 GMT
Hi all,

A recurring theme that has come up recently for me is being able to
choose to do things in the filter stack, and one of them is the
ability to add the same filter multiple times.

A classic use case would be a potential user controllable HEADERS
filter, something where say the cache headers are manipulated before
going into the cache, and then the headers manipulated again on the
way out to the net.

SetOutputFilter HEADERS;CACHE;DEFLATE;HEADERS

The catch of course is how you would specify the same filter twice,
using two different configurations.

I am thinking of perhaps a syntax something like the following:

SetOutputFilter HEADERS(foo);CACHE;DEFLATE;HEADERS(bar);

<FIlter foo>
   Header ...
</Filter>
<Filter bar>