httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Retire 2.0.x branch?
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:13:10 GMT

On Oct 18, 2010, at 11:54 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> With a release on the way with a host of good bits, almost 2 years
> after its
> previous release, it seems time that the group might consider the
> following
> options...
>
>  [ ] Leave 2.0.x open to maintenance
>  [ ] Leave 2.0.x open to security/critical bug fixes only
>  [X] Retire 2.0.x (but accumulate patches/apply_to_2.0.64)

Yes please.

Also, useful (if anecdotal) data point: While 1.3 support requests
took forever to dwindle (almost, but not quite, gone now) 2.0 requests
went away very rapidly with the release of 2.2. It's as though
everyone considered the 1.3 -> 2.x jump a major step, but the 2.0 ->
2.2 jump pretty minor. I hardly ever encounter 2.0 users

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com