httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: Removing Limit and LimitExcept
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 20:29:10 GMT
On Tuesday 19 October 2010, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> Foolish question, but if <Method > acquires "sane" behavior (by
> various definitions of the word sane), and replaces the horribly
> limited <Limit > directive, does your position on numbering this
> 2.4 vs 3.0 change?

BTW, it would be trivial to create a <Method > container that
internally just creates an appropriate struct to place into
core_dir_config->condition, just like <If> does. The problem is that
this (and <If >) does not work in Location scope, but only in
Directory and Server scope.

On the other hand, if someone implemented a complete <Method >
container, its infrastructure could also be used to allow <If > in
Location scope. That would be very nice, but I don't know the config
walking/merging code well enough to have any idea about how to
implement it.