httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: [Vote] Retire 2.0.x branch?
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:39:32 GMT
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 10:54:27AM -0500, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> With a release on the way with a host of good bits, almost 2 years after its
> previous release, it seems time that the group might consider the following
> options...
>
>   [ ] Leave 2.0.x open to maintenance
>   [ ] Leave 2.0.x open to security/critical bug fixes only
>   [ ] Retire 2.0.x (but accumulate patches/apply_to_2.0.64)

While the 3rd option seems mighty tempting, that's moving much too fast.
How long did it take for 1.3 to change between option 2 and 3? 5 years?
Absolutely too long, but jumping 1 to 3 without warning seems a bit
harsh to 3rd party module vendors. My suggestion would be to do 2 now
and announce the switch to 3 for 12 months from now.

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk