httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: ErrorLogFormat: %v
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 09:51:27 GMT

----- "Stefan Fritsch" <sf@sfritsch.de> wrote:

> On Monday 04 October 2010, Igor Galić wrote:
> > one of the (seemingly) useful symmetries missing from
> > LogFormat in ErrorLogFormat is %v

There's also %V, which writes the canonical host and makes
more sense for saving

> > Without having looked at the code yet: How difficult is it to
> > implement?
>
> Not difficult at all.

Cool!

> > But more importantly: How useful do you think it is?
>
> I usually use a separate error log per vhost, but it may be useful for
>
> people with many vhosts.

In most of my setups, I don't use a CustomLog at all -- I just have *one*
in the reverse proxy, which I then split.

I believe it would be very useful to have this option for the ErrorLog,
for the same reasons as it is useful for the CustomLog.

So long,

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org