httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1002110 - /httpd/test/framework/trunk/t/modules/rewrite.t
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:21:16 GMT
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 6:56 AM, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:
> On 28.09.2010 12:44, rjung@apache.org wrote:
>>
>> Author: rjung
>> Date: Tue Sep 28 10:44:32 2010
>> New Revision: 1002110

>> Log:
>> Fix test suite for 2.0.x:
>> - Skipping test for PR 46428 when version<  2.2.12
>>   (whitespace in proxied URL).
>
> Does that type of change make sense?
>
> I was running the test suite for 2.0 and it is failing at a couple of
> places. As far as I can see until now, most (all?) of them are because the
> corresponding patches haven't been backported to 2.0.
>
> Does it make sense to deactivate the failing tests for all versions lower
> than the backport version, or do people think it is better to continuously
> nag about missing backports? Or maybe add a friendly reminder in the skip
> message?

I think it is better to see messages about bugs present in the level
being tested.

Some reminder somewhere would be useful.  I don't know what makes the
most sense.  Even an entry in the httpd-test/STATUS or perhaps
2.0.x/STATUS file about test failures that have been diagnosed (and
can be skipped if you're just looking for regressions) would be
useful.

Known test failures:

  2.0.64-dev as of rXXXXXXX:
    PR46xxx test fails because fix hasn't been backported to 2.0.x branch

> The other changes I did relate to features not present in 2.0 (and thus the
> server doesn't start, because it doesn't understand the configuration).
> Disabling those tests seems to make sense in any case.

sure