httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r999911 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/developer/new_api_2_4.xml
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:44:11 GMT
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 09:41:41 -0400
> Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can you clarify "Also regexp memory." ?
>
> This is supposed to be a very brief overview - detail is in the
> apidoc (including an important caveat).

sure, but I don't think the fragment "Also regexp memory." is going to mean
much to most readers (at least this one)

> But specifically you can retrieve the last match from the regexp
> memory.  So in perl terms
>
>  $foo =~ /reg(.*)exp/i;
>  $bar = $1;
>
> becomes
>  rx = ap_rxplus_compile(pool, "/reg(.*)exp/i");
>  matched = ap_rxplus_exec(pool, rx, foo, NULL);
> then either
>  ap_rxplus_match(rx, 1, &barlen, &bar); /* as pointer+length */
> or
>  bar = ap_rxplus_pmatch(pool, rx, 1); /* as a string */

How about ", and access matches from regexp memory." or something like
that?  (I think just a few extra words will clue in another 40% of the
audience to what you're referring to ;) )