httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1000593 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES server/util_script.c
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 20:59:58 GMT
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 4:02 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>wrote:

> On 9/23/2010 2:50 PM, wrowe@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: wrowe
> > Date: Thu Sep 23 19:50:14 2010
> > New Revision: 1000593

> > Log:
> > Because PATH and the library path are closely interrelated, and the cause
> > of most confusion over cgi or fcgid failures, or even starting
> rotatelogs,
> > etc, when the server binaries have been relocated, pass the library path
> > as paired with the system PATH.

this doesn't change anything for rotatelogs; it isn't affected by
subprocess_env, and should just need the same settings that allowed httpd to
start successfully

we don't ship CGI or FastCGI binaries, so relocating httpd and adjusting our
LD_LIBRARY_PATH in bin/envvars won't be the adjustment needed for a CGI or
FastCGI, so passing on our setting won't help, will it?

I guess the case it helps is where the CGI or FastCGI relies on a library in
the same odd place as httpd?

or people want to rely on an envvar in the the shell used to start httpd to
get their CGIs/FastCGIs working, which may result in failures when httpd is
started slightly differently

I guess I'm missing the big picture :)

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...