httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r1000130 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_proxy.xml
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:11:31 GMT

________________________________

	From: Jeff Trawick Sent: Donnerstag, 23. September 2010 12:05
	To: dev@httpd.apache.org
	Subject: Re: svn commit: r1000130 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_proxy.xml

	On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Ruediger Pluem  wrote:

	first, thanks for stepping in!

		> ttl is the only timeout avail, so that has to be set to the origin's
		> keepalive timeout
		> ttl only applies to connections above smax, so smax needs to be set as low
		> as allowable

		No. ttl is absolute. The resource list hands out no resources that have been
		idle in the resource list for more then ttl. So no need to fiddle with
		smax.

	I have a hard time believing both that and the apr_reslist_create() doc.  ttl is passed only
to apr_reslist_create(), which says

	" * @param ttl If non-zero, sets the maximum amount of time in microseconds a
	 *            resource may be available while exceeding the soft limit."

	That seems to say that I can get resources that have been idle for more than ttl, as long
as the soft limit wasn't exceeded.

	The docs are just wrong. You will see that code does something different :-)

	Regards

	Rüdiger