httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r997545 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES include/ap_mmn.h modules/cache/mod_cache.c modules/cache/mod_cache.h modules/cache/mod_disk_cache.c modules/cache/mod_disk_cache.h
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:53:39 GMT
On 16 Sep 2010, at 9:13 AM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

>> +static apr_status_t file_cache_create(disk_cache_conf *conf,
>> disk_cache_file_t *file,
>> +                                      apr_pool_t *pool)
>> +{
>> +    file->pool = pool;
>> +    file->tempfile = apr_pstrcat(pool, conf->cache_root,
>> AP_TEMPFILE, NULL);
>> +
>> +    apr_pool_cleanup_register(pool, file, file_cache_temp_cleanup,
>> file_cache_temp_cleanup);
>
> Is this correct? Do we want to call file_cache_temp_cleanup when we
> get forked?

I don't follow, when you we fork during normal request handling?

This function creates the structure that keeps track of each of the
three files we write, along with the tempfiles used to construct the
data. The cleanup guarantees that tempfiles are deleted should the
request end unexpectedly, and that we don't leave temp files lying
around as we previously did.

Regards,
Graham