httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1002824 [1/4] - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: ./ modules/ssl/
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 21:51:02 GMT
On Wednesday 29 September 2010, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> On 9/29/2010 4:31 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> > Working to catch up the win32 build change here...

I am not sure you need to care about that. See below

> > You just invalidated some arbitrary versions of bison (testing on
> > 1.28)... "option `--defines' doesn't allow an argument"
> >
> > Should we be testing for a baseline rev of bison which is
> > acceptable?

Your version is a bit old:

        2001-09-07  Akim Demaille  <akim@epita.fr>

        Version 1.29.

I am not really a bison/flex expert and have no idea which features
have been introduced in which version. I know it works with 2.4.1,
therefore I would say the required baseline is 2.4.0. And it should
not matter much, since ...

> For that matter... should we simply move this to buildconf?

... normally bison/flex is not executed at all during a build.
Buildconf (at least on unix) takes care that the timestamps are set so
that make thinks the files are up to date. And the generated files are
included in httpd. People who are not hacking on the .y/.l files
should not need to care about bison and flex.

Maybe you just need to run buildconf once to fix the timestamps?