httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Making the ssl expr parser thread safe
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:05:30 GMT
On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:55:36 +0200
Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> while looking if it would be possible to make an authz provider out of
> SSLRequire, I noticed that the ssl expression parser isn't even thread
> safe.

It's been sitting in my to-do list to review mod_ssl's expression
parser, and see if we can't substitute ap_expr - with updates to
the latter if necessary.

Any thoughts on whether that would work based on your look at it?

> http://people.apache.org/~sf/ssl_expr_source.diff
> http://people.apache.org/~sf/ssl_expr_generated.diff
>
> Is there anyone with yacc/bison/flex know how who wants to look at it?
> Or do I just commit it? It compiles and passes the test suite.

Not reviewed, but if you're happy with it, it should be fine for trunk
and presumably won't prejudice a possible switch to ap_expr one way or
another.

--
Nick Kew