httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Making the ssl expr parser thread safe
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:55:36 GMT
Hi,

while looking if it would be possible to make an authz provider out of
SSLRequire, I noticed that the ssl expression parser isn't even thread
safe.

After quite some fiddling, I think I have successfully converted the
parser to be re-entrant. This requires bison instead of yacc (but the
generated code does not fall under the GPL so this should not be a
problem).

Most of the changes are rather mechanical, because the state needs to
be passed as parameters instead of being stored in global variables.
The diffs are at

http://people.apache.org/~sf/ssl_expr_source.diff
http://people.apache.org/~sf/ssl_expr_generated.diff

Is there anyone with yacc/bison/flex know how who wants to look at it?
Or do I just commit it? It compiles and passes the test suite.

Cheers,
Stefan