httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: Configurable error log format
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:18:20 GMT
On Tuesday 07 September 2010, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> > - there is no way yet to match the default format's behaviour of
> > logging the source file info only for loglevel debug and higher
>
> Just a thought; we have %nnn{}x syntax today, what about
> overloading the concept of %test codes with numeric 0-7 error
> levels?  I was thinking about allowing verbose levels, but
> obviously '%debug' would immediately trip up that theory :)

I don't have a better idea if we want to allow an arbitrary threshold.
Or would it be enough to always fix the threshold at level debug? Then
we could use a single special character, like %^{}x.

In any case I would like to keep the < > characters free in case we
need some special handling for subrequests (that's maybe another todo
item, but one that I think could wait until 2.4.x with x >= 1).