httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: Configurable error log format
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2010 15:49:06 GMT
On Wednesday 18 August 2010, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> I intend to commit it to trunk after I have written some docs and
> 2.3.7 is tagged. It duplicates some code from mod_log_config. If
> there are enough people interested in unifying the log formaters
> for access and error logs, we can do that work in trunk.
> Personally, I don't think it's necessary for 2.4.

This took a bit longer than anticipated but it is now commited to
trunk. There are a still a few open issues but those can be resolved
while the code receives more testing in trunk:

- there is no way yet to match the default format's behaviour of
logging the source file info only for loglevel debug and higher
- the syntax of the arguments %t (current time) should be more in line
with mod_log_config's %t syntax
- there is some documentation in mod/core.xml but logs.xml still needs
updating
- I am not sure that putting the module name before the loglevel in
the default format is the best solution: [mpm_prefork:notice]
- it should be possible to use the unique ID as error log ID if
mod_unique_id is loaded

Cheers,
Stefan