httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: caching partial repsonses
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 17:01:22 GMT
On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 10:09:00 -0400
Dan Poirier <poirier@pobox.com> wrote:

> I think right now mod_cache doesn't let any 206 responses get to the
> cache backends, but if that change is made to let them by, then backends
> that don't correctly implement caching of 206 responses will need to
> decline to cache them themselves.

Indeed.  I guess my comment in STATUS was down to reviewing that
backport proposal (and checking the RFC) before I saw the other one.

I guess the real question is: why enable it in the abstract, in the
absence of a backend implementation?  Surely there's no backend
that's going to be simpler to support ranges in than plain ol' disk?

--
Nick Kew