httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch>
Subject Re: httpd trunk broken with Subversion: ap_log_rerror busted
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:48:24 GMT
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> In r951893, httpd modified a #define for APLOG_MARK to add in a new
> parameter called APLOG_MODULE_INDEX (in addition to file and line
> info).
> This busts Subversion - specifically, mod_authz_svn which has a function called:
> static void
> log_access_verdict(const char *file, int line,
>                   const request_rec *r, int allowed,
>                   const char *repos_path, const char *dest_repos_path)
> it is called with:
>  log_access_verdict(APLOG_MARK, r, 1, repos_path, dest_repos_path);

I agree that the comments/documentation should be improved. I will write a
how-to for adjusting modules to the new API.

For now, see how mod_ssl was changed in r951194. The reasoning is that
APLOG_MARK will work for the ap_log_*error functions, always (i.e. in both
2.2.x and trunk). If you define you own log functions that may accept
different parameters, define your own SVNLOG_MARK that fits your
functions. When you call ap_log*error without APLOG_MARK, you will have to
do #ifdef based on MMN, though.

View raw message