httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: HTTPD upgraded on eos -> 2.3.8
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 06:41:03 GMT
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:

> On 08/25/2010 02:10 AM, Tony Stevenson wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 01:04:01AM +0100, Tony Stevenson wrote:
>>
>>> Had to comment out an output filter line in the main httpd.conf (line 117)
>>
>> More specifically had to disable deflate -  "AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html
text/plain text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/css application/x-javascript"
>> The deflate module is loaded, and seemingly not causing any outwardly obvious issues
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> AddOutputFilterByType moved from core to mod_filter (see
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=966869&view=rev)
>
> So I guess mod_filter is not loaded. If it is the line should work again.

Grump old man mode, this seems moderately disturbing.

Previously it was single hash table look up on the content-type, which
contained a list of all filters to apply.

It has been replaced with iterating all possible filters and executing
an the expression parser for each possible filter.

Is anyone else surprised at this change?  I did a quick search on
dev@, and I couldn't find any previous discussion of this change....