httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Sampolski <g.sampol...@ogicom.pl>
Subject [mod_fcgid] restart fastcgi app
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 23:57:56 GMT
Hi!

Im working on some hosting company, where we intensively use mod_fcgid
as gateway for php. As evereybody knows php is bagy and faulty, ending
very often with segfult. The my idea is to restart fcgi app, when it
accepted request, made some processing, and for example ended with
segfault. Then fcgi_bridge (in handle_request) sould resend request
to new creating fcgi app. Then if this faild too, should finish as usual
- with 500 internal server error.
I attached simple patch to demostrate this idea.
I will be appreciate for any suggestion, if this idea is correct, or
maybe some have better concept of this.

ps. Sorry for my english.