httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Changing Connection header use in forward proxy
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:50:54 GMT
It seems the forward proxy by default sets "Connection: Keep-Alive"
although it later closes the connection when it detects
is_address_reusable == 1 in the worker.

Doesn't it make sense to issue "Connection close" instead?

Since this happens in the code where we have a connection and a request,
but no worker struct available, is it safe to apply this whenever
proxyreq is PROXYREQ_PROXY? Or can one somehow configure a non-default
forward worker with an explicit URL to e.g. a frequently used origin
server which would then be expected to reuse connections? I don't expect
that to be posible, but I'm not sure.

Regards,

Rainer