httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Wulms <alex.wu...@scarlet.be>
Subject Re: Question about APR SHM
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:05:02 GMT
Op 31-07-10 18:07, Alex Wulms schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I have got a question about APR SHM. The comments of the function
> apr_shm_baseaddr_get(const apr_shm_t *m) indicate that the resulting
> address is only valid in the callers address space, since the API does
> not guarantee that other attaching processes will maintain the same
> address mapping.

Hi,

In order to play it safe, I have made my code function completely on top
of the RMM  (relocatable memory management) API already present in APR.

As a side-product, I have written a re-usable RMM hash table (derived
from apr_hash.c). You can find the code in the GIT repository located here:
http://repo.or.cz/w/httpd-crcsyncproxy.git

It concerns files crccache/rmm_hash.h and crccache/rmm_hash.c in the
repository.

Please feel free to include them in a future version of APR.

Kind regards,
Alex