httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Wasser <erik.was...@iquer.net>
Subject Patches for mod_fcgid welcome? remove-FCGID_DIE_COMM_ERROR-processes, increase-INITENV_VAL_LEN, disable_suexec_check
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:34:16 GMT
Hello list,

I've prepared some (mini-)patches for mod_fcgid 2.3.5 that I want to get rid
off (read: they can be included in the next release).

Here we go:

remove-FCGID_DIE_COMM_ERROR-processes
=====================================

In an old posting[1] in the users@httpd list I wrote about this (short
excerpt):

> To: httpd-users@httpd.apache.org
> Subject: [users@httpd] No killing/replacing of mod_fcgid processes with the
>          status 'Exiting(communication error)'
> Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 21:25:27 GMT
>
> [...]
>
> The problem is that the communication works at first (after a restart) and
> suddenly all 3 mod_fcgid process switches to the state
> 'Exiting(communication error)'. Not at once but in a short time range
> (minutes).
>
> [...]

But I've got no responses at all. So call this a repost. B-)

increase-INITENV_VAL_LEN
========================

I've increased the value of INITENV_VAL_LEN from 128 to 256. (This patch is
trivial B-) I'm using the PERL5LIB for including some non-standard path and
128 was just to short.

disable_suexec_check
====================

I've added an extra option to turn off the suexec stuff of mod_fcgid. It's
useful if you want to run the apache as normal user (+mod_fcgid).

The default value is - of course - 0.

FcgidDisableSuexecCheck 1

Summary
=======

Is somebody interested? How should I proceed? Should I just post the patches
here? (There are all very small: <20 lines). They work with version 2.3.5.

Opinions? Suggestions? Ideas?

[1]http://osdir.com/ml/httpd-apache/2010-07/msg00056.html

--
So long... Erik