httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Abhinav Upadhyay <abhi...@hover.in>
Subject Re: Standard Practices with respect to distribution of Apache modules
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 08:04:31 GMT
Abhinav Upadhyay <abhinav <at> hover.in> writes:

> Hello everyone!
> I am on an internship, and have developed an Apache 2 module as
> my project, that is to be used by our customers.
> Now, we are at the point of distribution of our module,
> my boss says that expecting the users to compile the module
> from source is not very practical,although that is an option
> but he asked me to look for more convenient options.
> So I wanted to know, what else can I do ? If I compile the
> module on my Linux and provide it as a binary , will that
> work on all other Linux distros ?
>
> And how to compile the module on windows? I searched a lot for
> this but couldn't find it anywhere?
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Abhinav

Hello all!!

I really don't want to disturb anyone by continuously posting silly
questions but I am really in need of these answers. There aren't
many good up to date references on Apache modules apart from
Nick Kew's The Apache Modules book (I am using that one).

You guys are doing a great job, but please answer my few questions,
I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Abhinav