httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Leonardo Foderaro <startrac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Standard Practices with respect to distribution of Apache modules
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 08:15:36 GMT
Hello,
I think you canĀ  provide pre-compiled binaries for you module.
of course you must take care of different architectures (32bit, 64bit.. )
and you must provide a compiled version of your module compatible with
the compiled version of Apche (2.2.x, 2.4.x etc.. )
eventually, you should take care of your own module's external
dependenciesĀ  (for example if you used any external library)
However, please keep in mind that in *nix world a recompilation from
source is an everyday task.

Good Luck!
leo