httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Paul Querna <>
Subject 2.3 upgrade on
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2010 10:08:29 GMT is now running trunk @ r965127, using the Event MPM on
FreeBSD 8.1, on a new x86 box.

Previously it was running on Solaris 10, with 2.2.x on sparc t2000s.

I have also enabled OCSP stapling on the SSL side:

Anyways, I've made a list of the 2.3-ish issues seen during the upgrade.

httpd itself:
 - Using the Define directive to enable SSL was a bad idea.  The SSL
init code was only being called once in post_config instead of twice
This is only 'new' because the Define directive is new, so I tried to
use it.  Example of how it was used:
     Define SSL

  <IfDefine SSL>
    LoadModule ssl_module ..

We do -D MACHINE_NAME at the command line, and I was hoping to just
enable SSL from within the config file, but that didn't work. Adding
-D SSL to the command line fixed the issue.

- Lots of warnings in our configurations about "Ignoring deprecated
use of DefaultType".

- Infra already had lots of <IfVersion blocks for most 2.3 authn/z
changes, and those seem to stil be working fine.

3rd party:

- APR's detection of BDB was funky again, I had --with-dbm=db48, which
it was happy about, but until I added --with-berkeley-db=/usr/local,
it wouldn't actually compile up the shared objects for the DB DBM, but
configure reported success.

- mod_wsgi:  Needed to comment out 2 lines debug logging, that were
accessing server_rec->loglevel (which has been removed from 2.3.x).

- mod_mbox/mod_allowmethods/mod_asf_cgi: Needed build system
adjustments to not look for apr-util.

Surprisingly painless upgrade after I figured out the mod_ssl config
issue; Most of the work was around moving Solaris -> FreeBSD for our
various rsyncs and crontabs,  of course let infra know if you see
anything busted!



View raw message