httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: A 2.3.7 this month?
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 20:57:41 GMT
On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Sander Temme <sctemme@apache.org> wrote:
> Would OSCON be a good moment to branch 2.4.x?  Or aren't we there yet?  Are the issues
between us and branching in STATUS?

I don't think of any big ones, other than just the pain of back
porting to another branch from trunk. I believe we are at least 2
betas away from being stable enough -- OCSP stapling has a few nasty
bugs, and I'm running into problems with socache on FreeBSD 8.  I
guess those are things to add to STATUS

I think that we should just encourage everyone to not drop big
features into trunk without some discussion... CTR with some
mild-stabilization :)

I'd suggest roll this next one as beta, wait a few weeks, and then
consider a 2.4.x branch point.

-Paul