httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release httpd 2.2.16
Date Sat, 31 Jul 2010 19:20:59 GMT
On 7/29/2010 11:07 AM, bswen wrote:
> httpd 2.2.16+: No more Win32 releases??

Nope none before, and never again.

We've never had a "win32 release", Bing.  The ASF "releases" source code for
consumption, redistribution and modification by the public at no charge.

Some committers add binary packages for one or more of their preferred platforms,
but these are purely for convenience and are not the release by the foundation,
which is open *source* :)

So in this case, I'm slowed down to typing 1-and-a-bit handed till this cast
comes off this week, and I'm afraid I was caught up in other responsibilities.

You'll find there happen to be win32 packages there now, but you should always
expect such things at the contributors' convenience, not your own, and you should
always feel welcome to build the release on your platform of choice.