httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Error log format configuration syntax
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:38:11 GMT
On 7/20/2010 2:14 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

>> - taking all adjacent non-whitespace as prefixes and suffixes,
>> collapse resulting adjacent whitespace in the output by adding the
>> whitespace in front of the prefix to the prefix and dropping leading
>> whitespace from the resulting line)
>
> ErrorLogFormat "[%{u}t] [%l] [pid %P^:tid %T^] ^%F: ^%E: ^[client %a]
> ^%M ^, referer: %{Referer}i"

Outch - please evaluate using %^xxx instead.  I'd rather this were simply
supported in a unified logging formatter, so it would apply to access, new
log extensions, etc.  It could imply delete-adjacent non-whitespace unless
there were multiple %-escapes in the same token.

I'm not fond of arbitrarily adding new escape codes, and we already had
a suitable one (%).