httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: ap_internal_fast_redirect / mod_dir and mod_rewrite interaction
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:39:55 GMT
On 7/16/2010 7:39 AM, Sebastian Färber wrote:
> RewriteRule index\.html /temp.html [R,L]
>
> This RewriteRule never matches, I'd have to change that to
> "RewriteRule ^$ /temp.html [R,L]" (which
> i don't want to because i have to make sure no changes to RewriteRules
> are necessary when switching
> from 1.3 to 2.2).

"have to make sure no changes"?  That's an oxymoron, you are changing your
product significantly.  You might look at mod_version if you want conditional
behavior (you would need it installed for both 1.3 and 2.2, of course).  Alt,
you can always add a -D AP22 or similar to your 2.2 startup scripts.

> I tried converting mod_dir.c from ap_internal_fast_redirect to just
> ap_internal_redirect which solves
> my problem but i'm not sure if this is the right fix?

Such a fix won't be incorporated by httpd for 2.2 (or 2.0) since these are
constant in terms of their expected behavior from subver to subver.

You will probably be glad to hear we are dropping internal_fast from 2.4 due
to the number of side effects it causes, esp in 3rd party modules.