httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregg L. Smith" <li...@glewis.com>
Subject mod_fcgid Was Re: mod_status.h -> include directory
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 02:23:43 GMT
Hello,

To keep from having my backside lit on fire for that request, I'll
request the more appropriate way to deal with it. Moveing the .h file
just seemed the simplest route.

IIRC, mod_fcgid is going to be folded into 2.3/2.4 at some point in
time. Evidence of this is the tree structure the files are in. Since
mod_fcgid requires mod_status.h, there needs to be an include into
modules/generators in all the various make files. I have not cranked up
the old slow fedora box to given it a whirl but in Windows it is needed
to build in tree. It would be nice to see it taken care of by 2.3.6.

Speaking of 2.3.6, it would be nice to see it soonish too? Looking at
changes there are not a lot of them but the segfault is a bear, and it
brings downs Apache. It's been six months as well, seems a perfect
reason for a release.

TIA,

Gregg

Gregg L. Smith wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> Can mod_status.h be moved to include/ from modules/generators
> It would make it easier to drop fcgid into the modules directory and build in tree. I
cannot see that it would hurt anything, other than getting used to it being moved before making
changes.