httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: A 2.3.7 this month?
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:09:14 GMT
On Thursday 15 July 2010, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > +1.  I have a significant patch I'll commit Saturday once I
> > verify that the <Method > logic exactly duplicates the old
> > <Limit > behavior for satisfy, order and allow [...] (and is
> > much saner with all the rest of the non-auth directives, such as
> > actually honoring them and not creating config soup).
> >

> Sounds like we have some "planned" work on trunk by people over the
> next week, so I propose that we plan on ~1 week for any outstanding
> "major" patches to be folded in and ~1 week for some good internal
> testing at which point, assuming all is good, I tag 2.3.7 as beta.
> Once released, we allow for a shakedown and then, assuming all is
> good, branch off 2.4.x.
>
> Sound OK?

Currently, I don't thinkt the changes in trunk are too disruptive but
are mostly things we really want in 2.4.x. Therefore, to avoid wasting
time with backports, we should not branch too early. If there are
problems, we can still branch from the last known good revision of
trunk.

Apart from that, I am +1. And thanks for volunteering to RM.

Cheers,
Stefan