httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: A 2.3.7 this month?
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:38:52 GMT

On Jul 14, 2010, at 6:04 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> On 7/14/2010 3:25 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> what do you think about releasing 2.3.7 in the next 2 weeks, and
>> hopefully make it a beta? Are there any open issues that are not in
>> STATUS?
>
> +1.  I have a significant patch I'll commit Saturday once I verify that the
> <Method > logic exactly duplicates the old <Limit > behavior for satisfy,
> order and allow [...] (and is much saner with all the rest of the non-auth
> directives, such as actually honoring them and not creating config soup).

Sounds like we have some "planned" work on trunk by people over the
next week, so I propose that we plan on ~1 week for any outstanding
"major" patches to be folded in and ~1 week for some good internal
testing at which point, assuming all is good, I tag 2.3.7 as beta.
Once released, we allow for a shakedown and then, assuming all is
good, branch off 2.4.x.

Sound OK?