httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Abhinav Upadhyay <abhi...@hover.in>
Subject undefined symbol errors on loading a module that uses libxml2
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:56:23 GMT
Hello everyone!

I am writing an Apache 2.2 module that uses the libxml2 API. I have compiled the
module using following commands:

apxs -I /usr/include/libxml2/ -c mod_xmltest.c
sudo apxs -n xmltest_module -i mod_xmltest.la

and used the following LoadFile directive in httpd.conf

LoadFile /usr/lib/libxml2.so

However on starting the server I am getting following error:

httpd: Syntax error on line 432 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_hoverin.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_hoverin.so: undefined symbol: xmlFreeNode

what could be wrong here ?

Thanks and Regards
Abhinav