httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Fee <p...@talk21.com>
Subject Re: mod_deflate handling of empty initial brigade
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 22:09:30 GMT
Bryan McQuade wrote:
> Are there any cases where it's important for ap_pass_bridgade to pass
> on an empty brigade? Doesn't sound like it, but since this is a core
> library change I want to double check.

When handling a CONNECT request, the response will have no body.  In
mod_proxy, the CONNECT handler currently skips most filters and writes via
the connection filters.  However there is a block of "#if 0" code which
intends to send only a FLUSH bucket down the filter chain.

That's not quite the case of an entirely empty brigade, but it seems close
enough to warrant highlighting.

Thanks,
Paul